Welcome to Ashtead Park Garden Centre
Whether you are looking for a specific plant, ideas and inspiration on what to plant, the tools for the job, or even a beautiful and unusual gift, we can help. We offer a huge range of quality plants and products for your garden, many of them just a bit different or special.
- What to do in the garden in December 5 December 2016
- A new pop-up ‘White Garden’ at Kensington Palace is to pay tribute to Diana, Princess of Wales 2 December 2016
- DECEMBER – HTA PLANT OF THE MOMENT FESTIVE FAVOURITES – HTA THE HOLLY AND THE IVY 1 December 2016
- Ambassadors for gardening are setting out to enthuse a new generation 30 November 2016
- The National Allotment Society (NAS) says it is ‘very disappointed’ 28 November 2016
Pinch out sweetpeas
Pinch out the tips of overwintering sweetpea seedlings at about 10cm high. It may seem harsh, but it's in their best interests: if you leave the main leader to grow, you'll get lots of leafy upward growth but few flowers, but by taking the strong top shoot out you'll encourage plenty of flowering sideshoots instead.
Some combinations of plants just work well together. Tomatoes and basil, for example: not only do they look good, they make a perfect partnership in the cooking pot too.
But there are some combinations that go beyond looking (or tasting) good. Companion planting uses features of one pla…Read more
- Christmas Menus 8 December 2016 9 December 2016 10 December 2016 11 December 2016 and more...
- Festive Family Fun Weekend 10 December 2016 11 December 2016
- Christmas Party Nights! 12 December 2016 19 December 2016 23 December 2016
- Ginsanity Pop-up 30 December 2016
- New Year's Eve Extravaganza 31 December 2016