Welcome to Ashtead Park Garden Centre
Whether you are looking for a specific plant, ideas and inspiration on what to plant, the tools for the job, or even a beautiful and unusual gift, we can help. We offer a huge range of quality plants and products for your garden, many of them just a bit different or special.
- Install raised beds 24 February 2017
- Prune summer flowering clematis now 22 February 2017
- The Royal Horticultural Society needs your help 20 February 2017
- Over 80 gardens around the country are opening for the National Gardens Scheme Snowdrop Festival 17 February 2017
- The nation’s favourite summer bedding plants have been named 15 February 2017
Hedges good enough to eat
For something a little bit different, try planting an edible hedge for a dual-purpose boundary with all the benefits of a hedge and a generous harvest to boot. Blackthorn is laden with fat purple-black sloes in autumn, while elder is fast-growing and you can use the flowers to make cordial. Other edible hedgerow plants include snowy mespilus for its sweet black berries, Myrobalan plums and dog roses for their hips.
When you're planning the hard landscaping in your garden, don't be afraid to get imaginative. You don't have to stick to just one material, and you don't have to use stone or brick: there are dozens of ways to make your paving unique to you, and yourSurrey garden will be far more personal…Read more