Welcome to Ashtead Park Garden Centre
Whether you are looking for a specific plant, ideas and inspiration, the tools for the job, or even a beautiful and unusual gift, we can help. We offer a huge range of quality plants and products for your garden, many of them just a bit different or special - like us (we are independent)!
We are not in ULEZ!
- Gifts for Mums 23 February 2024
- Get to know the special properties of indoor plants 22 February 2024
- Room design with indoor plants for a green jungle 20 February 2024
- Cutting houseplants - Is it really necessary? 15 February 2024
- Recognize and prevent pests on indoor plants 13 February 2024
Keep mint within bounds
Always plant mint in a container as it's a rampant spreader which will rapidly swamp your herb garden. You can always sink it, pot and all, into the soil to make it look more natural growing among your other herbs. There are plenty of varieties to choose from: peppermint makes wonderful tea, while pineapple mint is prettily variegated.