Welcome to Ashtead Park Garden Centre
Whether you are looking for a specific plant, ideas and inspiration, the tools for the job, or even a beautiful and unusual gift, we can help. We offer a huge range of quality plants and products for your garden, many of them just a bit different or special - like us (we are independent)!
4 for £12 on 6-pack bedding
- Microgreens for fresh nutrition over the winter months 21 November 2019
- Home trends: wallpaper & plants 19 November 2019
- Top 5 porch decor ideas for the festive season 17 November 2019
- Garden Plants of the moment: Red Plants 14 November 2019
- Tips on tackling mice in your garden 9 November 2019
Protect winter containers
Raise containers up on pot feet or bricks so that excess winter rain can drain away freely. Roots left to get soggy in freezing cold water when they're not growing much anyway quickly succumb to rots. Move them somewhere sheltered, too, to keep them out of the worst of the weather.
Birds are often a mixed blessing in the garden: they'll swipe your berries, but while they're at it they'll also strip aphids from your roses, eat small slugs and hoover up caterpillars too. On the whole, they do far more good than harm: and besides, they're lovely to watch as th…Read more